Sanofi Group Production Technician - 40hr Schedule - Vaccines in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania
This will be a 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift position with a 40hr work schedule
Who We Are
Sanofi Pasteur is the vaccines division of Sanofi. We believe in a world in which no one suffers or dies from a vaccine-preventable disease. The Swiftwater site is located in northeast Pennsylvania and is home to the production of over 120 million doses of vaccine each year.
At Sanofi Pasteur’s Swiftwater site, we manufacture and market vaccines to help prevent diseases —some of which have a seasonal demand. Given this seasonality, peak manufacturing periods require greater levels of labor and it is important that we have the optimal number of employees to meet the demand.
Who You Are
You are a detail-oriented person who thrives in a fast-paced team environment.
The production technician is the “heartbeat” of the vaccine manufacturing and is primarily responsible for the high quality and efficient production of our vaccines in accordance to current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) for all relevant regulatory agencies (e.g. FDA).
Like all production positions at the Company, this position may be required to be moved or temporarily flexed to another department or location within the Biologics platform due to business needs. This is a 40 hour work week. Additionally, candidates should expect to work in multiple buildings including Building 79, Building 59 and Building 37. We will attempt to provide as much advance notice as possible if any such change is needed. Some off-shift work may be required based on business needs. The Technician is responsible for production in accordance with volume fluctuation, business needs, and effective procedures.
· Ensures all materials required for production are available prior to need
· Ensures completion of sampling & corresponding documentation as required
· Participates or leads in all aspects of production process (SAP, cycle counting, LIMS, material ordering, Labwatch, Phenix, Medasys, DeltaV, Etc.)
· Works to resolve all production issues, and relays them to their leadership team
· Ensures all areas within the facility are adequately covered at all times
· Ensures that the team is thinking and working ahead whenever possible
· Completes tasks and corresponding documentation as required by cGMP
· Identifies deviations and aids investigations and root cause analysis
· Works to complete quality documentation (BPR’s, logbooks, etc) accurately in a timely manner
· Becomes trained in all assigned training modules
· Follows all procedures put into effect to ensure safety and the safety of others.
· Reports all safety issues, concerns, incidents and near misses to area management.
· Based on department assignment, may be required to participate in the execution on the floor of Commissioning, Qualification, and Validation activities of production equipment and production processes. Responsibilities include equipment set-up, operations and troubleshooting, environmental monitoring, etc.
What You Will Do
Performs production in accordance with volume fluctuation, business need, and effective procedures.
Must be flexible to ensure staffing for changing business volume and needs
Identifies all production issues and relays them to the leadership team.
Works to complete quality documentation (batch production records, logbooks, etc.) accurately in a timely manner.
Identifies and communicates deficiencies and opportunities for improvement to leadership
Works with Senior Technicians and Managers to ensure a smooth operation.
Basic knowledge of business applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Use of SAP
Quality & Safety
Understanding of the CFR (code of federal regulations) / PAI inspection readiness
FDA audit understanding and awareness
Works to become trained in all assigned training modules. Trains and orients new team members (at any level) as assigned
High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 6+ months of prior manufacturing/warehouse work experience or 6+ months of Sanofi manufacturing/warehouse work experience
Able to receive influenza vaccine, required for building access
Ability to use Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s) to control industrial processes
Evidence of basic mechanical aptitude, computer skills, good comprehension skills, retention skills, manual dexterity, and ability to troubleshoot.
This position may be required to be moved or temporarily flexed to another department or building within the Biologics operation due to business needs. Additionally, candidates should expect to work in multiple buildings. Some over-time/off shift work hours may be required based on business needs. We will attempt to provide as much advance notice as possible, two weeks where applicable if any such change is needed.
As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. All US based roles require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your job responsibilities.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.