Sanofi Group Internal Communications Director, Swiftwater, PA in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania
This role leads internal communications activities and team members supporting the US Vaccines division of Sanofi, including its US headquarters in Swiftwater, PA, and remote locations through the United States. The Director of Internal Communications is responsible for fostering internal engagement efforts that reinforce Sanofi Pasteur’s business objectives and commitment to public health and build employees’ sense of pride, understanding and contribution to Sanofi.
This individual will report to the Head of Internal and Digital Communication and will work closely with Sanofi Pasteur External Communications, and collaborate with regional and global colleagues on news and programs impacting the company.
This position requires a strategic communicator experienced in healthcare, leadership and site communications to support the US operations and its diverse functions (Commercial Operations, Industrial Affairs, Research & Development and Support Functions). Understanding the complexities of manufacturing site communications is an important success factor to this role.
The individual must have the ability to develop and drive corporate communications platforms and programs, and needs to have a comfort-level with operating and driving initiatives within complex, matrix organizations, focusing on change management, employee engagement and content management. This person must have experience and an appreciation of an integrated approach to communications, have a creative, energetic and solutions-oriented mindset, ability to collaborate and adapt to changing internal dynamics. This role will ideally be based out of Swiftwater, PA or it can be performed out of Bridgewater, NJ.
Primary Responsibilities will include the following:
• Oversee US Vaccines internal communications strategy, content, channels and events to drive employee engagement and understanding of the value of vaccination and the Vaccines business.
• Provide strong internal communications counsel to business units and functions, offering strategic direction, message and planning, execution and results.
• Ensure alignment with external communications to create streamlined, integrated communications plans for major news milestones.
• Strategically develop and prioritize communications that will enhance site culture, safety, and cohesive fit within Sanofi US.
• Lead junior team members in effective development and execution of internal communications strategy and programs, as part of the NA Communications team.
• Identify opportunities and address gaps through business partnering and strategic communications counseling.
• Oversee, aid in planning and execute major internal meetings and events including production, agenda planning, and message pull through.
• Manage vaccines content pull-through on external website and provide digital content and strategy into Sanofi’s US digital and social media assets.
• Support internal positioning of company’s Empowering Life platform and manage development of compelling content, events and relationship development that helps to extend the reach and recognition of Sanofi.
• Direct and deliver effective executive communications and thought leadership.
Selected candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Strong strategic, oral and written communication skills with the ability to foster clear information exchanges with various audiences
• A high level of initiative, strong work ethic and the ability to balance multiple assignments
• Ability to counsel and interface successfully with senior executives
• A solution-oriented, problem-solving approach to challenges
• Creative, collaborative, open-minded and flexible personality
• Attention to detail, event and project management experience
• Sound judgement and common sense, especially in times of urgency or issues management
• Proactive, self-starter with ability to work independently and in team environment
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. Specialization in Communications, and/or Journalism is preferred. A minimum of 8 years of combined professional experience within communications, public relations/communications agency or corporate experience in the healthcare, pharmaceutical industries or manufacturing environment is required. Experience in developing and executing creative, strategic and integrated communication plans is required. Experience in project management, regulated industries and change management is preferred. Background in developing and analyzing social media content is preferred. Basic knowledge of Photoshop is preferred. This position may require up to 10% overall travel.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-SP
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
Sanofi, Empowering Life