Sanofi Group Deputy Director Fluzone Marketing, Swiftwater, PA in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania
The incumbent is responsible for the effective operation of the influenza product line for the purpose of achieving the domestic profit and revenue objectives for the US influenza franchise. This person is expected to maximize company dose and dollar sales volumes consistent with profit goals through the development and implementation of flu marketing plans which support Sanofi Pasteur’s strategic initiatives.
PRODUCT LINE PERFORMANCE
Objective: To maximize company dose and dollar sales volume for the Flu Franchise in a manner consistent with profit goals. Be accountable for domestic market penetration objectives.
· Achieve profit and revenue forecasts as planned.
· Develop realistic and achievable annual and trimester strategic objectives in conjunction with Marketing and Sales
· Use information systems and reports to monitor and direct the progress of Flu sales and profits toward monthly, trimester and annual sales objectives
· Allocate budget in proportion to impact on revenues in order to achieve the greatest product line profit contribution.
PRODUCT LINE MANAGEMENT
Objective: To create and build the value of flu franchise.
· Pursue flu product line extensions, labeling revisions, clinical studies and any other activities which would ultimately build the value of the product line and maximize the flu franchise earnings.
· Develop rationale and make decisions on flu pricing, manufacturing, packaging, distribution, shipping, promotion, market research, regulatory, legal and any issue which impact the flu franchise
· Develop and expand technical knowledge necessary for the management and customer interaction of the flu franchise.
· Remain abreast of the influenza market, the competition and the environment. Act as an information resource to all of the flu leadership team, AvP’s and other functional areas.
· Identify and propose new projects, which will enhance the performance of the flu franchise, broaden the offerings within the flu franchise and maximize earnings.
· Analyze, prepare and submit alternative flu product, price, promotion and distribution strategies for approval.
· Develop, implement and monitor productivity of all promotional programs.
· Develop budgets. Manage the allocation of budget within profit objectives.
Objective: To develop and implement comprehensive, rational flu marketing plans which support sanofi pasteur’s strategic plan in selected segments.
· Prepare and submit timely marketing plans for the flu franchise to include objectives, tactics, market share targets, marketing expenses and sales forecasts in accordance with the planning cycle.
· Develop and assure timely execution of the annual and three-year plans to achieve flu sales forecasts and market share objectives.
· Develop and execute contingency plans necessary to meet changes in the flu and/or vaccine environment, such as but not limited to, patent expirations/product discontinuations, regulatory changes, new competitors and interruptions in production.
· Develop strategy the flu franchise regarding: product and services, price, promotion and distribution.
COORDINATION AND COMMUNICATION
Objective: To coordinate and communicate all aspects of flu product development and product management.
· Provide instruction and coordinate efforts to functional groups to include, but not limited to,: Customer marketing, Manufacturing, R&D, I/A, Sales, Market Research, Finance, Etc.· Routinely meet with an ever broadening base of sales representatives and customers to enhance market knowledge in vaccines and influenza.
· Keep sales force promptly and accurately informed on industry flu trends, competition, product acceptance and new product releases.
· Encourage the sales force communications relative to flu market trends, new product acceptance and the overall perception of sanofi pasteur products and the products in the influenza franchise.
· Provide consultation on business issues to the flu leadership team and sanofi pasteur management as required.
· Communicate influenza strategies and tactical plans as required to all functional groups so that they are prepared to support the plan with adequate lead time.
· Coordinate activities of outside vendors and agencies within budget limitations.
LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT
Objective: To provide the leadership and development necessary to achieve flu franchise sales and profit objectives.
· When appropriate, help to implement sales training programs in cooperation with Sales Training and Sales Management.
· Demonstrate strong leadership skills by creating and environment of collaboration among the Flu Product Team and other functional groups such as but not limited to Customer Marketing, Customer Service, Sales, Agencies, Market Research, Analytics and Reporting and other Product Marketing Brands.
· Assist the sales force through programs and promotions to sell the full flu franchise.
ORGANIZATION AND TIME MANAGEMENT
Objective: To achieve maximum personal efficiencies through effective organization and time management.
· Allocate time to activities in proportion to impact the accomplishment of the annual marketing plan, 3- year plan and sanofi pasteur Strategic Plan.
· Make effective use of resources available in sanofi pasteur and through other sources.
· Establish controls to monitor and to provide reports on flu sales, profits and project status.
· Effectively delegate tasks when appropriate.
· Manage time and projects to acceptable and improving levels of quality and quantity.
Objective: To improve performance and maintain attention to an ongoing continuous improvement plan.
Expectations: · Routinely identify and prioritize areas of the job where improvement is indicated.
· Set realistic and attainable objectives for improving job performance in specific areas.
· Identify specific actions to be taken to improve specific job performance.
· Make use of company resources and manager assistance in achieving the Continuous improvement goals.
· Monitor progress toward the standard, recognize when the standard is being habitually met and establish another priority objective.
· Develop a plan designed to maintain or exceed desired competency levels
· Attend competency workshops to improve identified competencies.
BA/BS - Economics, Marketing or the Sciences
3-5 years related experience
Demonstration of strong leadership (manager of people preferred)
Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
Marketing experience preferred
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
Sanofi, Empowering Life