Sanofi Group Patient Education Liaison, Rare Disease Pacific Northwest WA, AK, MT, Northern ID in Seattle, Washington
The Patient Education Liaison (PEL) is a field-based member of the Commercial team within US Rare Disease, reporting into the Regional PEL AD, CareConnectPSS. The PEL team supports the patient-centric business model by providing disease and product education to patients and families affected by genetic diseases for which Sanofi-Genzyme provides a treatment option. The PEL establishes strong working relationships with patients and healthcare professionals, helping to facilitate early diagnosis and treatment access to optimize patient care, working collaboratively within a team environment.
• Leads education and awareness efforts of disease state, inheritance, diagnostic and product information to patients and families through telephone communication, live patient and family meetings, and patient education programs
• Assesses patients’ needs and develops action plans that facilitate the diagnostic and treatment process as recommended by patient’s healthcare provider
• Works with cross functional partners to identify patient specific barriers and develop action plans for resolution. Demonstrates accountability for action plan execution, and drives for success and results
• Delivers in-depth disease and product in-services, for home health care providers of patients receiving Sanofi-Genzyme ERT treatment within the home to ensure optimal care and adherence to prescribed dosing
• Maintains expertise through continuing medical and scientific education including attendance at relevant symposium, scientific workshops, preceptorships, and review of key journals, and successful completion of internal training programs
• Increases disease awareness by completing community and healthcare advocate educational outreach programs
• Meets documentation requirements in CRM system to facilitate tracking of critical metrics
• Delivers on key objectives established annually
• Must be able to travel extensively (60 to 80%)
• Ensures full compliance with all corporate and industry policies and legal and regulatory requirements, for all regional commercial activities
• Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Health Care/ Life Sciences/ Nursing (or equivalent)
• Licensed Registered Nurse or Board-Certified Genetic Counselor
• 3-5 years of Industry experience
• Experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
• Experience in the following specialties; Genetics, Neurology/Neuromuscular, Renal or Hematology/Oncology
Remote position. States included Washington, Alaska, Montana and Northern Idaho.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.