Sanofi Group Associate Director of Bulk Manufacturing in Ridgefield, New Jersey
Manufacturing is responsible for bulk, fill and finish of prefilled syringe and vial products produced on the site. This includes hyaluronic acid (HA) extraction and purification, HA gel manufacturing, buffer production, formulation, filling, inspection and packaging. In support of our main functions, additional responsibilities include cleaning and sterilization of process equipment and aseptic cleaning. The Associate Director is responsible for a subset of the activities described above depending on current needs.
This position provides leadership and direction through managers or professional staff. Directs the development, planning, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and operations for new or existing products and/or technologies. Develops budgets for labor and capital expenditures for multiple cost centers and directs the allocation of significant resources to meet financial performance requirements.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Ensuring the safety of work practices in accordance with the Sanofi Safety Programs
• Ensuring that all activities are in compliance with cGMPs
• Ensuring that staff are sufficiently trained to perform their job responsibilities
• Providing technical leadership for aseptic manufacturing.
• Developing strategies that ensure achievement of objectives that are consistent with the site’s strategic direction
• Managing employees, either directly or indirectly, who are involved in the scheduling, implementation, execution and/or maintenance of manufacturing processes and operations
• Undertaking long and short-term planning and supervision of projects that require interaction with Manufacturing.
• Overseeing, either directly or indirectly, Manufacturing investigations, process variances and deviations
• Participating in the development, revision and accuracy of production plans.
• Responsible for the Manufacturing annual budget and quarterly forecasting processes including work order variances and maintaining bill of materials and routings.
• Focusing internally and externally; interacts internally with subordinates, peers, and senior management and interacts externally with regulators, customers, and suppliers.
• Maintaining an external network of expertise and represents the division and company in professional organizations.
Specific Leadership Responsibilities include:
• Providing effective leadership including: developing and implementing objectives and business strategies; selecting key personnel and motivating members of the functional area; challenging employees to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor; assisting with performance calibration/talent pool management/succession planning; individual goal setting/performance reviews; training and development; supporting workforce diversity, quality and safety and supporting supervisors/managers in the management of their employees/department which support achievement of individual/department/business objectives
• Establishing departmental and individual goals and objectives in alignment with site goals and priorities. Identifying performance improvement targets and metrics. Ensuring capabilities and capacity in place to effectively deliver on all departmental commitments and performance targets.
• Strengthening overall leadership and organizational capabilities in area of responsibility. Building and sustaining high performance management team and ensuring strong alignment and coordination with other functional groups at the site.
• Identifying the required resources and expertise, implementing the appropriate team/departmental structures and establishing the required processes and communications to enable department(s) to effectively deliver on all commitments while building a culture of Safety and Quality and continuous improvement.
• Identifying and communicating risks in area of responsibility and across the site; creating strategies and plans to manage risk to the operations.
• Participating in development of site long range in line with the corporate Long Range Planning.
• Ensuring effective utilization of resources by ensuring robust employee development, performance management, succession planning, and rewards and recognitions practices in area of responsibility.
• Managing headcount and expenses in area of responsibility to meet approved spending plan while achieving all departmental commitments and project objectives.
• Motivating, retaining and developing key employees. Building and sustaining employee engagement by creating an environment within which individuals and teams can excel.
• Interacting closely with BU, relevant sites and functions to define production plans, yearly goals and budgets for reporting functions/operations as well as long range plans (LRP and LRCP).
• Our leaders motivate and inspire their people and build effective teams. They manage for high performance and develop others within the organization.
• Our leaders are versatile learners who are comfortable with complexity and ambiguity. They are courageous decision makers who are candid and direct.
Leading the Business
• Our leaders understand and respond to the evolving business environment. They think beyond their sphere of influence to see what is not obvious, and create a compelling vision and direction that inspires engagement from their people.
• Our leaders continuously look internally and externally for best practices. They challenge the status quo and encourage their people to try new approaches. They have a track record of generating successful new ideas that improve business performance.
Delivering to Customers
• Our leaders understand the patient and customer viewpoint. They build trust and collaboration by delivering exceptional service while balancing the needs of the individual with the greater good.
• Our leaders set ambitious and realistic targets, drive for results, and build accountability within the organization. They set high standards and continuously improve.
Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering or equivalent field
Master's Degree a plus
6-10 years of Manufacturing Experience strongly preferred
Aseptic Manufacturing and cGMP experience strongly preferred
Leadership and Management skills required
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.