Sanofi Group Medical Science Liaison, Diabetes (NYC) in New York City, New York
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities of this role are to facilitate information, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding in-development or commercialized Sanofi products. Role requires travel by car and air that may require overnight stay.
Ideally the candidate should live in NY. Territory comprises New York City and surrounding areas.
▪ Ensure that all activities and interactions comply with Sanofi business guidance’s, policies and SOPs, OIG, ACCME, and PhRMA guidelines/policies.
▪ Establish and maintain credible peer-to-peer scientific interaction with international, national, and top regional opinion leaders based on cutting edge clinical data and information.
▪ Serve as a primary resource for clinical and scientific information to internal associates and external health care providers.
▪ Communicate customer insights and emerging clinical/scientific trends to internal stakeholders.
▪ Provide input in the development of and ensure the appropriate execution of clinically relevant regional medical meetings (e.g. advisory boards, symposia, consultant and investigator meetings)
▪ Ensure delivery of high quality education to impact optimal patient care.
▪ Collaborate with cross-functional teams in assessing community education/research needs and develop education/research strategies to meet those needs.
▪ Critically evaluate the educational quality of company sponsored educational programs.
▪ Assist in the identification of investigators and sites for company-sponsored trials.
▪ Serve as a liaison for the review, submission, execution and completion of Investigator Initiated Trial proposals.
▪ Participate in the spontaneous educational grant process.
▪ Maintain appropriate communication flow with internal and external teams.
WORK LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISION
1) Is the role an individual contributor role? Yes
2) Is the incumbent in charge of leading other Sanofi employees? Yes, Leads assigned project teams; indirect reporting structure
3) How many employees directly report to this job? 0
4) How many employees indirectly report to this job? Varies based on project assignment
PharmD, MD, PhD from an accredited four-year college or university
Will consider NP/PA with related experience and successful track record
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE
▪ MD, PharmD, PhD (clinical sciences or Healthcare administrative), or clinical sciences RN, PA/NP, CDE accompanied by previous pharmaceutical industry or clinical research experience
▪ Knowledge and experience in therapeutic area
▪ Preferred MBA, MHA, MPH, previous pharmaceutical industry experience
▪ Clear understanding of local medical practice and clinical decision making in regards to patient care
▪ Interpretation of key scientific data and ability to translate this information to meet educational, clinical, and research needs
▪ Understanding of healthcare systems affecting patient care
▪ Understand the design and execution of research studies
▪ Exemplary communication and presentation skills
▪ Ability to think strategically
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
This is a desk job with no specific physical requirements other than to use standard office equipment such as PC, telephone, email, fax, copy machine, etc.
This job requires extensive use of computer equipment (e.g., primary functions are to enter and retrieve data from a computer, software programming and development, etc.
US - Sanofi
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life