Sanofi Group Research Associate III, Pharmacology in La Jolla, California
Synthorx has advanced a revolutionary technology that expands the genetic alphabet to drive the site-specific incorporation of multiple non-natural amino acids into proteins of any size, and to manufacture these improved proteins at scale. This technology opens-up opportunities to make novel protein therapeutics to previously difficult to drug targets. We are hiring a Research Associate to work with our team to develop new assays that will support the functional profiling and safety evaluation of Synthorx therapeutic agents. He/she will implement a variety of cellular and ligand binding assays to monitor the in vitro and ex vivo pharmacology of large molecule (biologic) leads at T, B and natural killer (NK) cell subsets. The candidate will also play a key role in the design and implementation of read-outs for T, B and NK cell function and immune toxicity (cytokine release, vascular leakage), including samples from in vivo studies. He/she will actively scout the pre-clinical and clinical literature, and patent records, in search for example molecules and study systems to test the pharmacological and safety properties of current and future targets in the Synthorx portfolio.
• Develop flow cytometry panel to support PD (pharmacodynamics) analysis for in vivo and in vitro pharmacology, and perform sample analysis with flow cytometry software.
• Develop appropriate immunoassays to support PK (pharmacokinetic) analysis of large molecule pharmacology in in vivo models and perform the sample analysis.
• Develop cell-based potency assays to support the lead compound selection and pre-clinical study.
• Culture and maintain cell lines and primary cells, for cell-based assays, manage mammalian cell stock inventory.
• Coordinate with other lab members day-to-day lab activities including equipment maintenance, reagent orders, restocking consumables, etc.
• Develop appropriate assays to support analysis of large molecule pharmacology in in vivo models.
• Effectively work and communicate with group members and contract research organizations, in a dynamic and fast paced environment to accomplish goals.
• Prepare and present power point summary data slides.
• BS in biomedical sciences and 5 years of lab experience or related field; OR MS and 3 years in biomedical sciences or related field.
• Proficiency in flow cytometry and immune cell isolation and characterization.
• Proficiency in ELISA and MSD.
• Experience in cell culture and aseptic technique is required.
• Experience with multiparametric flow cytometry is required.
• Experience with handling human tissue specimens (mostly blood).
• Experience with cell sorting is a plus.
• Experience with animal models is a plus.
• Familiarity with BSL-2 protocols and best-practices.
• Experience with tumor-dissociation and analysis of tumor infiltrating cells.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.