Sanofi Group VP Head of Framingham Biologics in Framingham, Massachusetts
Reporting directly to the Head of Speciality Care Operations, the position provides strategic vision, leadership and direction to the FBSLT, the Framingham Biologics site and the Framingham Campus. This position oversees and leads execution of the manufacturing and operations strategy while ensuring the site remains in compliance with all safety, GMP, environmental, security and legal requirements. This position works in coordination and consultation with the Specialty Care Operations (SCO) leadership team to establish current and long-range plans and objectives, and sets operating plans for site. This position also ensures seamless support to other Sanofi groups on the Framingham campus to ensure company objectives are met.
Share or jointly exercise responsibilities with Quality for the following: the authorization of written procedures and other documents, including amendments; the monitoring and control of the manufacturing environment; plant hygiene; process validation, training; the approval and monitoring of suppliers of materials and products; the retention of records; the monitoring of compliance with the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice; the inspection, investigation, and taking of samples, in order to monitor factors which may affect product quality.
Establish programs, processes and the right culture to ensure an effective Safety culture at the Framingham campus.
Establish programs, practices and processes to drive a high performance culture across Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Involvement via the Sanofi Manufacturing System (SMS).
• Establish long range plans, business and operating plans, site goals and objectives; identify performance improvement targets and metrics; ensure capabilities and capacity in place to effectively deliver on all site commitments and performance targets.
• Establish and execute site and campus strategic portfolio, including successful startup and regulatory approval of the 8NYA Biologics plant.
• Ensure leadership and organizational capabilities at the site. Build a high performance leadership team and ensure strong alignment and coordination of all functional groups on site.
• Ensure required resources, expertise and department structures and processes are in place to deliver on all commitments while maintaining expected standards of Safety and Quality.
• Maximize the effectiveness of the site's resources by strengthening and sustaining robust employee development, performance management, succession planning, and rewards and recognition practices.
• Manage headcount and expenses to meet approved spending plan while achieving all site commitments and project objectives.
• Active member of the Specialty Care Operations Leadership Team. Participate in development, monitoring and management of the SCO and global manufacturing strategy and plans
• Chair of Framingham Campus Leadership Team (FCLT); oversee Campus Portfolio Governance and Campus Tier 1 Health, Safety and Environmental committee. Drive collaboration and joint leadership for campus and alignment across businesses on policies and campus management.
Dimension (e.g. Budget, number of people managed)
Education / Experience
Ph.D, Master's, or Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering and 15+ years of progressive leadership experience in bio/pharmaceutical manufacturing operations.
In-depth knowledge of Biotechnology processes/concepts/techniques and engineering principles.
• In-depth knowledge of cGMP/cGLP requirements in a regulated environment.
• Ability to see connections across functions, roles, geographies and inspires to do the same (Strategic Agility).
• Excellent problem solver and ability to generate innovative solutions to broad range of issues; sees bigger picture and looks to the longer term (Innovation).
• Excellent people leadership and change leadership skills (Leading People}.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across the broadest of constituencies.
• Ability to set ambitious and realistic targets, drive for results and build accountability.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life