Sanofi Group Scientist, Framingham, MA in Framingham, Massachusetts
Scientist works in the Analytical Science and Technology (AS&T) department of Global Manufacturing Science and Technology providing analytical support to Global Manufacturing Science and Technology.
· Provide analytical support to Process Science, R&D and other groups including routine analytical testing.
· Support second generation projects, process improvement, investigation, Degradation, Pathway, Comparability and Technical Transfer studies.
· Author protocols, technical memos and reports, data analysis summaries, process investigations and procedures.
· Lead technical transfers of analytical and characterization methods.
· Assist in the implementation of new analytical techniques and technology.
· Serve as representative on cross functional teams including Sanofi network, technology transfer and project teams.
· Interact cross-functionally with colleagues from various Sanofi Genzyme functions including, QCTS, QC, gMSAT and TY Geel to implement best practices.
· Maintain lab equipment, methods, and analytical work area.
Requirements & Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry or other scientific discipline with 7+ years of industrial laboratory experience
Master’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry other scientific discipline with 5+ years of industrial laboratory experience
PhD in Biology, Chemistry other scientific discipline with 1+ years of industrial laboratory experience
· Experience with ELISA, electrophoresis and spectrophotometric based methods.
· Experience with Softmax analytical control software.
· Experience in ELISA method development/troubleshooting.
· Experience with statistical tools and high level data analysis.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.
· Ability to design experiments and troubleshoot problems.
· Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
Terms of employment:
Scientist should work effectively in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment. Standard business hours apply and routine travel is not expected. Must be able to work in a laboratory environment with chemicals.
What makes this position unique?
AS&T provides analytical testing support and method development for gMSAT including characterization and comparability studies for process improvements/changes and for 2nd gen projects and development of new and improved methods (including novel technology implementation) for both release and characterization.
AS&T also serves as analytical SMEs to other organizations (Quality, Manufacturing, R&D, external partners, etc.) as needed for investigations and developmental activities.
Benefits of working in this role:
Cross-functional collaboration within gMSAT and externally with R&D and manufacturing provides visibility and exposure to multiple areas in the organization.
Sanofi is building a state of the art, continuous manufacturing facility here in Framingham heavily leveraging single use systems. Sanofi actively encourages internal career development growth opportunities.
This position will be based on Framingham. Occasional visits to other Massachusetts locations may be required.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Genzyme Glassdoor: #GD-SG
Genzyme LinkedIn: #LI-GZ
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life