Sanofi Group Art Director, Chattanooga, TN in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Skillfully connects big ideas to business strategy. Delivers finely-tuned work that inspires audiences, clients, and creative teams. Helps lead our talented creative team and helps us deliver breakthrough digital work for pioneering brands. The successful candidate will be an inspirational creative, a strategic thinker, and a considerate manager. A strong print and digital portfolio and past work experience for major clients is a requirement.
• Oversee our design campaigns from briefing to completion, ensuring all work is creatively exceptional, strategically sound, and uniquely innovative.
• Present well-considered concepts to clients and internal teams in a clear and compelling way.
• Manage creative staff in both their day-to-day responsibilities and their ongoing career development, with regular feedback and hands-on coaching.
• Collaborate with other company leaders to continually improve the company and help direct its future.
• 4+ years of experience within the Skincare/Personal Care category,
This position combines important conceptual, design, supervisory and executional responsibilities in one function. The art director must possess superior visual conceptual skills and knowledge, exceptional design skills and flexible aesthetic, an understanding of media best practices requirements/terminology and vendor requirements/capabilities. Art directors must be valuable contributors of ideas to the creative brainstorming sessions. Working both independently, as well as part of a team with the creative director, art directors, designers and copywriters, the art director plays a vital role in the creative development process.
• Contributes to, or in some instances may lead, the conception and ideation process that leads to creative and strategic problem solving for internal clients.
• Supervision, guidance and mentoring of the design and production team and are fundamental to creating an inspiring and motivational work environment.
• Development or supervision of the development of art concepts in the production of advertising and marketing materials.
• Responsible for creative produced in the studio from both a creative and quality control perspective.
• Helps establish and maintain the highest possible standards of reproduction for materials created by our agency or creative suppliers (including but not limited to interactive, print, TV, multimedia signage and trade show booths).
• Develops information architecture and wireframes based on project requirements. Applies interactive design and web development best practices with a focus on a quality user experience. Liaises with Brand Design team to ensure the integrity of the interactive design execution.
• Works closely with brand managers to solve marketing problems through smart, well-designed materials that focus both on the clients’ needs and creative integrity.
• Examines and approves finished art and conceptual material, and supervises the alteration or correction of such material by internal and freelance artists.
• Designs advertising and marketing materials according to strategic plans provided by creative director and brand manager. Design may range from concept development only to full design rollouts dependent upon available agency resources.
• Has advanced working knowledge of computer design software and hardware and strives to stay current in level of knowledge and abilities. Experience with Adobe suite of products.
• If required, provides direction and guidance to direct reports and conducts annual performance reviews.
• Informs and advises the creative director on the status of departmental affairs that are under the direct supervision of the art director, including all design-related computer hardware/software needs (upgrades, equipment needs/problems, training, etc.).
• Consults with Head of Brand Design, as well as copywriters, production and brand management team as necessary to achieve design objectives.
• Recommends and directs freelance talent, including photographers and talent at photo sessions.
• Oversees standards in type specification, color quality, inspection and approval of pre-press proofs, selection of paper stocks.
• Provides press-side inspection of print runs by creative team when required. (To be arranged in conjunction with the production department.)
• Engages in any personal development necessary to stay current in advertising and research activity required to familiarize oneself with the clients’ business.
• Meets established deadlines or provides reasonable notice to the production manager of special circumstances requiring deadline extension.
• Encourages the professional development of department staff.
• Works with production manager and creative director in selection of, vendors, models, freelancers, broadcast talent, and any and all outside sources/purchases needed to fulfill production of each project the art director designs.
• Works with production, providing complete input, and any instruction and supervision required to smoothly complete production of approved design. Provides all required specifications (inks, papers, sizes, etc.).
• Works closely with brand managers as a liaison to the creative team and helps the creative team communicate their best marketing solutions and talking points to the brand manager.
• Attends creative input meetings with clients at creative director or brand manager/art director request. Represents the agency at functions of creative/professional/civic organizations.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law. #GD-SA; #LI-SA
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life