Sanofi Group US Head, Public Affairs /Patient Advocacy Immunology-Cambridge, MA in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Sanofi believes the US healthcare system should understand and solve what matters most to patients. Sanofi is committed to working with patients and advocates to accelerate research and development of medicines that address unmet needs, and to developing solutions that overcome barriers so people have affordable and sustainable access to the right preventions and treatments. The US Public Affairs team focuses on issues that are critical to patients and champion them internally and externally.
Given these core beliefs for empowering patients’ lives, the US Public Affairs Immunology Head position is responsible for:
Partnering in the right way, with the right public affairs stakeholders, for the right reasons to:
• Develop patient-centered advocacy strategies
• Build and maintain relationships with patient groups, medical and professional societies, health foundations, and Think Tanks to inform internal decision making
• Identify shared goals between Sanofi and the advocacy community focused on patients’ needs
• Execute initiatives and collaborations
• Align with Sanofi colleagues to ensure a consistent and intentional engagement strategy
• Ensure compliance and transparency to enhance company reputation and build public trust
Additional responsibilities will include the following: Engaging with advocates to understand their goals and what matters most to patients; Understanding company priorities for Immunology and coordinating the company’s approach with the advocacy community; Developing and executing against Public Affairs goals and strategies, and engaging key public affairs stakeholders, for Immunology therapeutic areas.
The Public Affairs Immunology Head will oversee and direct efforts to engage and support atopic dermatitis (AD), rheumatoid arthritis (RA) as well as the Asthma/Pipeline development. Leading and working with a team of 3 direct reports - Public Affairs Leads in AD, RA, and Asthma/Pipeline development, to manage internal relationships, develop third-party alliances, and effectively communicate progress internally to align resources in order to impact Public Affairs goals. Identifying key opportunities to engage the AD, RA, and other type 2 inflammation / pipeline communities and support activities that improve health for patients.
This position reports directly to the Head of North America Public Affairs, and sits on the North America Public Affairs leadership team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Executing against goals, strategies and engagement of key public affairs stakeholders to support Sanofi’s interests within the AD, RA, and Asthma Pipeline advocacy communities, including:
• Patient associations / advocates & groups
• Medical / scientific societies
• Think tanks and Public health foundations
• Lead Public Affairs efforts to collaborate across external affairs (government relations, policy, market access, CSR, and communications), business units, medical affairs, and R&D to ensure alignment and deliver maximum value to external AD, RA, and type 2 inflammation partners.
• Manage the Regeneron joint venture partnership for coordination of the Immunology Public Affairs scope of work. Work with Regeneron counter parts to ensure open communications, and alignment on goals, strategies, and execution.
• Represent Sanofi and participate in relevant external meetings throughout the year. Lead the Public Affairs Immunology team to listen to the needs of AD, RA, and type 2 inflammation patients and providers, and bring key insights into the organization. Establish or maintain Sanofi as a trusted partner with patient and provider groups by identifying common goals and areas of collaboration, and proposing and executing programs to achieve those goals.
• Develop comprehensive strategies to collaborate and engage the external communities in AD, RA, and type 2 inflammation / pipeline therapeutic areas, to ensure patients’ needs are met, the innovative science of the underlying condition is understood and valued by external stakeholders, and that barriers to access are addressed.
• Work with R&D and Clinical Operations to ensure the patient voice is embedded in the R&D process and insights are shared collaboratively to best meet the needs of patients with underlying type2 inflammation for our pipeline indications.
• Analyze market trends, issues, and environmental factors to anticipate opportunities and risks of importance to Sanofi; work with appropriate functions to counsel management and influence business decision-making process.
• Oversee and manage the Immunology Public Affairs team of 3 direct reports in execution of all responsibilities. Guide the team to support development of goals, strategies and engagement efforts, and to ensure execution of internal/external engagement activities and completion of deliverables.
• Assure full compliance with all corporate, industry, and regulatory guidelines.
A minimum of a Bachelors of Arts/ Bachelors of Sciences degree in scientific, public affairs, public health, policy or a related field is required. Master’s degree preferred within one of these disciplines is preferred. A minimum of 10 years of direct professional experience within the Pharmaceuticals Industry is required. A minimum of 5 years of combined experience within Public Affairs; Advocacy, Policy, and or Alliance Development is required. Previous experience is formally leading and/or managing a team of direct report is reports is required. Advocacy experience in specific therapeutic areas preferred. Position may require up to 30% overall travel.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law. #GD-GZ; #LI-GZ
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life