Sanofi Group Senior Administrative Assistant, Rare Diseases in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Senior Administrative Assistant, Rare Diseases
The Senior Administrative Assistant, Rare Diseases Hematology is the administrative support for the Global Head, Rare Hematologic Diseases, along with two other Therapeutic Area Heads in Rare Diseases, and is responsible for all administrative needs including but not limited to managing calls, calendar scheduling, travel scheduling, expense reporting, document and contracts approval processing, documentation (including memos, faxes, letters and other communication), preparation of budget documents and spreadsheets, meeting planning, general administrative support and projects which may be assigned.
This position will have frequent contact with Sanofi Genzyme Senior Management, and with individuals representing outside organizations. Contacts involve meeting and event planning, and preparation of internal communications. The job requires skill, tact, persuasion and/or negotiation to accomplish its objectives.
• Provide administrative support requiring an advanced knowledge of department functions and division/business unit functions
• Regularly interfaces with Global Senior Management in Rare Diseases, staff and support staff to complete tasks
• Manages Global Head, Rare Hematologic Diseases communications as requested, including telephone calls, meeting planning, e-mail messages, and internal and external mail
• Oversees organization and maintenance of department filing system including potentially confidential data
• Ensures department supplies needs are met
• Responds to various inquiries for information according to general guidelines
• Performs complex, specialized projects requiring strong initiative and project management skills, and possibly requiring influence or negotiation skills to successfully complete
• Exercises discretion and judgment in handling of confidential material and information
• Knowledge of documents requiring signatures: responsible for following through with obtaining the required signatures for different types of documentation and tracking signature status
• Preparing grammatically correct correspondence, reports, tables, and analyses, including creating and managing complex spreadsheets and budgets, presentations and other important communications using current computer technology
• Constantly seeks, designs and implements improvements on administrative procedures
• Is responsible for coordinating internal and external meetings, maintaining calendars, making travel arrangements, etc. Provides clerical support as necessary, including filing, faxing, copying, performing data entry, etc.
• Responsible for maintaining the Global Rare Hematology calendar
• Responsible for managing accurate, correct and timely department inputs and outputs from a number of key internal systems and programs, including but not limited to travel scheduling, time reporting, expense management, eProcurement, desktop faxing and HR systems
• Provides guidance and training to less experienced administrative staff
• Completes other duties as requested
• High School Diploma and 5+ years administrative experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience using computer technology including the Microsoft Suite of tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and others)
• Associates Degree and 5-10 years’ experience supporting senior-level business leaders in a pharmaceutical or biotech environment
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Project Management experience
• Strong computer skills, including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Ability to manage and maintain highly confidential information
• Prioritization, multi-tasking, detail orientation critical
• Ability to make independent decisions and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems
Genzyme Corporation (a Sanofi company) and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life