Sanofi Group Flow Cytometry Scientist - Lab Operations Lead in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Sanofi’s Flow Cytometry Center of Excellence (CoE) is a shared resource lab and seeking a Lab Operations Lead. As the lab operations lead for the CoE, you will manage the QC program of 16+ instruments and provide intro and advanced flow cytometry training and application support across multiple departments. This position will ensure that the CoE provides access to well maintained, cutting edge cytometers to scientists across multiple therapeutic areas and that they have the knowledge and means to execute experiments yielding robust data.
Role and Responsibilities
• Be a sitewide resource and active educator for flow cytometry applications. Responsible for instrument training and educating new flow users. Guide experienced cytometry users to optimal platforms for flow projects. Give periodic seminars to help the scientists stay relevant with current flow cytometry techniques.
• Manage the Flow CoE QC and maintenance program for the following flow cytometry sorters and analyzers:
o Analyzers: FACSCanto II, LSRFortessa X-20, BD Symphony A5, Cytek Aurora
o Sorters: Sony SH800, Sony MA900, BD Aria, BD Melody, BD Influx
o ImageStreamX MkII imaging cytometer.
• Work with users to troubleshoot instrument issues in real time.
• Be a resource of knowledge for novice flow users. Guide users to correct cytometer platform for their projects. Give recommendations for panel design and sample preparation techniques
• Manage cell sorting service provided by the CoE
• Make service calls for issues with cytometers.
• Be a liaison between vendor service engineers and application scientists to diagnose issues with cytometers and flow projects.
• MS/BS with commensurate hands-on experience with proven effective customer service attributes and qualities.
• Requires minimum of 5 years experience in the daily operation of sophisticated flow cytometry instruments in a shared resource lab environment
• Experience as sort operator
• Experience in advanced cytometry applications such as sorting, spectral cytometry, imaging cytometry
• Panel design experience with 10+ colors, 20+ colors preferred
• Experience running multiple cell types on multiple cytometry platforms
• Experience training new users on flow cytometry techniques
• Several years of experience running and analyzing flow cytometry data to allow for the diagnosis of issues of flow projects (e.g. issues with staining, fluorochrome choice, instrument setup, compensation, etc.)
• Have mechanical aptitude to work with cytometer manufacturer vendor tech support for initial diagnosis of issues with equipment
• Experience with flow data analysis software Flowjo/FCS express/Ideas/OMIQ/Cytobank
• Previous flow core lab experience
• Experience sorting cells into 96 well plates
• Superior customer service approach and attitude
At Sanofi R&D North America, we deliver meaningful solutions for patients. We transform science into breakthrough, best-in-class and first-in-class medicines and vaccines. We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive workforce – and workplace – which brings together the collective brainpower of over 2,000 colleagues and provides you with an exciting place to grow and develop. We set the bar high, and we deliver. Join us and together we will build on our trusted legacy of breakthroughs for society.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.