Sanofi Group Market Access Regional Account Director – Southeast in Bridgewater, New Jersey
Regional Account Director, US Market Access
Position Summary :
The Regional Account Director is responsible for leading a team of Account Executives who will manage the business in a defined geography across several segments of customers. This includes Payers, Medical Groups and Integrated Delivery Networks. Key objectives are driving Sanofi business across the full portfolio in partnership with local business partners, as well as developing initiatives with/for accounts in the region to drive better quality of care for the patients that we serve.
Responsible for gaining a deep understanding of the local market(s) and the business models, strategic priorities, future direction, financial drivers and leadership profiles of regional customers. The Regional Account Director will work with their local and home office business partners to translate understanding and opportunities into insights and business. Secondarily the RAD will coach their teams to develop strategic collaborations vs. transactional relationships.
Accountable for ensuring effective top down and bottom up management by the team of assigned customers and communication and collaboration with Sales and National Account Directors who are call on parent organizations.
Responsible for utilizing appropriate analytics that will lead to opportunity identification as well as establish the appropriate goals, metrics, key performance indicators to demonstrate impact
Role Responsibilities :
• Lead, coach and demonstrate to RAEs how to Partner with executives (CEO/COO/CMO/SVP/Director) of Accounts to create mutually beneficial business relationships
• Lead team to identify key opportunities, evaluate competitive activity and develop specific market objectives and tactics that optimize business performance
• Develop a robust internal support network that influences brand strategy and executes tactics through frequent headquarter meetings and interactions. Responsible to provide insights to the ACT process in a leadership role across brand, USMA, and sales leadership
• Collaborate transversally with Field Sales, Government Affairs and Policy, Health Outcomes, Operations, Medical Affairs, Customer Development, and Brand Management personnel to secure competitive product access and formulary placement, drive Sales and to position Sanofi as a leader in the respective disease categories
• Provide strong leadership, strategic thinking, business planning, communication skills, along with the results orientation, and business savvy to manage a complex national and regional market evolution
• Responsibility for full budget allocation and management for account team
• Designated expert in legal/compliance issues around all aspects of customer engagement
• Lead account management to develop, negotiate and implement innovative contracts to support brand strategies and coordinate pull-through activities to support access opportunities and challenges. Track, problem solve, and analyze contracted product performance and communicate account performance broadly with key stakeholders.
• Demonstrate the ability to identify and initiate market shaping opportunities through evolving customer and government business models
• Maximize business opportunities with brand management teams to develop and enhance segment strategies
• Exceed sales expectations and develop new sales opportunities within accounts
• Shape value position and collaborate with Business Unit and Market Access and Business Development Senior Leadership to advance organizational knowledge of customer competitors and market evolution
• Direct and navigate initiatives across Joint Ventures and Sanofi companies (e.g., Sanofi-pasteur, Chattem, etc.)
Essential Functions of Position:
• Attain or surpass Access and Volume/Share business goals. Communicate timely and accurate information on company vision, strategies, tactical, operational and performance objectives.
BUSINESS ANALYSIS AND PLANNING
• Formulate, implement, and regularly assess business plan with Core Team members to achieve business objectives
• Effectively utilize all available information to analyze and capitalize on business opportunities
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT LEADERSHIP
• Lead RAEs to manage accounts by providing product information, knowledge, and resources to secure business
• Identify and examine key account information and data where possible
• Understand global managed care initiatives
• Secure and translate an in-depth understanding of key account initiatives and projects
• Develop relationships with key account personnel at select key accounts
• Facilitate and direct cross-functional projects
• Develop and implement administrative processes that ensure the timely, prioritized completion of activities
• Utilize available resources to efficiently and effectively achieve objectives
• Effectively utilize all available forms of communication that generates teamwork and accountability
• Consistently demonstrate a working knowledge of disease entities, Sanofi products and competitive products to position our products appropriately
- Customer Focus
• Focuses attention on building and maintaining customer relationships to achieve success
- Directing Others
• Collaborates across functional, geographic, and company boundaries to meet mutual business goals and objectives
- Building Talent
• Continually focuses on the performance and development of one's self and others to enhance the talent of the company
- Participative Management and Driven For Results
• Identifies shared goals, collaboratively builds ideas, influences action
- Analytical Skills and Decision Quality
• Synthesizes data from multiple, conflicting data sources to evaluate business opportunities and develop solutions
- Building Effective Teams
• Develops, motivates and guides a group to successful outcomes and the attainment of business objectives.
· Demonstrate ability to Think Strategically to turn market dynamics into insights and opportunities. Develop plans to deliver results
· Commit to Customers to gain a deep understanding of the customer, healthcare landscape and market and identify opportunities. A commitment to internal partners is also extremely important.
· Strive for Results through strong business plan execution, as well as ability to clearly define goals, milestones, and KPIs for performance tracking
· Demonstrate the ability to Make (good) Decisions in all facets of work
· Continually lead the evolution of USMA and Sanofi US, Act for Change.
· Transversal Collaboration as evidenced by ability to work effectively across a matrix organization
· Lead Teams including direct reports and leading without authority
· Develop People to improve performance and prepare for additional responsibilities
- Bachelors degree required
7+ years pharmaceutical industry experience
5+ years experience in managed market environment(s)
Contracting experience a valuable “plus”
Account management leadership is a key attribute
Brand management and Sales Management a valuable “plus”
Executive level negotiation skills
Cross functional skills (Senior level cross-functional team management, leadership, marketing)
Experience with financial analysis and modeling
Extensive relationship management, customer network, and consultative sales
Excellent communication, presentation skills, and computer literacy
Solution oriented through the application of advanced problem solving skills
Ability to achieve results through others without formalized line authority
Skilled in engaging senior leadership support when appropriate
Apply marketplace knowledge to create new customer opportunities and enhance brand objectives
Strategically works to improve organizational efficiency and ensure maximum utilization of resources
Demonstrated clinical and product knowledge in broad range of therapeutic areas
Geographic requirement: Must reside in Region or in close proximity
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life