Sanofi Group Market Access Opportunities: National Sales Network (NSN) Conference 2019 – Atlanta, GA in Bridgewater, New Jersey
Market Access Opportunities: National Sales Network (NSN) Conference 2019 – Atlanta, GA
Market Access Regional Account Executive – Nationwide
Locations Include: Boston, MA; Carolinas; Columbus, OH; Georgia/Alabama; Hartford, CT; Indianapolis, IN; Long Island, NY; Minnesota; New York
Responsible for managing the business in a defined geography across several segments of customers. This includes Regional Payers, Regional Affiliates and Integrated Delivery Networks. Key objectives are securing product access, driving Sanofi business across the full Primary Care portfolio with local business partners, as well as developing initiatives with/for assigned accounts designed to drive better quality of care for the patients that we serve.
Responsible for gaining a deep understanding of the local market(s) and the business models, strategic priorities, future direction, financial drivers and leadership profiles of assigned customers. The Account Executive will work with their local business partners to translate understanding into business opportunities and plans that lead to strategic collaborations vs. transactional relationships.
Responsible for ensuring effective top down and bottom up management of assigned customers and, when assigned a regional affiliate of a national Health Plan or provider organization, communication and collaboration between National Account Directors/Executives who are calling on the parent organizations.
Responsible for utilizing appropriate analytics that will lead to opportunity identification as well as establish the appropriate goals, metrics, key performance indicators to demonstrate impact
Partner with executives (CEO/COO/CMO/SVP/Director) of Accounts to create mutually beneficial business relationships
• Lead team to evaluate competitive activity, identify key opportunities, and develop specific market objectives and tactics that optimize business performance
• Develop a robust internal support network that influences brand strategy and executes tactics through frequent headquarter meetings and interactions.
• Collaborate transversally with Government Affairs and Policy, Field Sales, Health Outcomes Operations, Medical Affairs, Customer Development, and Brand Management personnel to secure competitive product access and formulary placement to position Sanofi as a leader in the respective disease categories.
• Strong leadership, strategic thinking, business planning, communication skills, along with the results orientation, and business savvy to manage a complex national and regional market evolution.
• Responsibility for full budget allocation and management for account team.
• Designated expert in legal/compliance issues around all aspects of customer engagement.
• Lead account management to develop, negotiate and implement innovative contracts to support brand strategies and coordinate pull-through activities to support access opportunities and challenges. Track, problem solve, and analyze contracted product performance and communicate account performance broadly with key stakeholders.
• Demonstrate the ability to identify and initiate market shaping opportunities through evolving customer and government business models.
• Maximize business opportunities with brand management teams to develop and enhance segment strategies.
• Shape value position and collaborate with Brand Teams, Market Access and Business Development Senior Leadership to advance organizational knowledge of customer competitors and market evolution.
• Direct and navigate initiatives across Joint Ventures and Sanofi companies (e.g., Sanofi-pasteur, Chattem, etc.)
Essential Functions of Position:
• Attain or surpass Access and Volume/Share business goals. Communicate timely and accurate information on company vision, strategies, tactical, operational and performance objectives.
BUSINESS ANALYSIS AND PLANNING
• Formulate, implement, and regularly assess business plan with Matrix Team members to achieve business objectives.
• Effectively utilize all available information to analyze and capitalize on business opportunities.
• Manage accounts by providing product information, knowledge, and resources to secure business.
• Secure key account information and data where possible.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of account's key initiatives and projects.
• Develop relationships with key account personnel at various levels.
• Coordinate cross-functional projects.
• Develop and implement administrative processes that ensure the timely, prioritized completion of activities.
• Utilize available resources to efficiently and effectively achieve objectives.
• Effectively utilize all available forms of communication that generates teamwork and accountability.
• Consistently demonstrate a working knowledge of disease entities, Sanofi products and competitive products to position our products appropriately.
- Customer Focus
• Focuses attention on building and maintaining customer relationships to achieve success
- Directing Others
• Collaborates across functional, geographic, and company boundaries to meet mutual business goals and objectives
- Building Talent
• Continually focuses on the performance and development of one's self and others to enhance the talent of the company
- Participative Management and Driven For Results
• Identifies shared goals, collaboratively builds ideas, influences action
- Analytical Skills and Decision Quality
• Synthesizes data from multiple, conflicting data sources to evaluate business opportunities and develop solutions
- Building Effective Teams
• Develops, motivates and guides a group to successful outcomes and the attainment of business objectives.
Demonstrates the 5 Functional Competencies:
Healthcare System/Market Awareness
Customer Awareness & Value Drivers
Field Teams Strategy
• Bachelors degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
• 7 + years pharmaceutical industry experience
• Experience in managed market environment highly preferred
• Executive level negotiation skills
• Cross functional skills (Senior level cross-functional team management, leadership, marketing)
• Experience with financial analysis and modeling.
• Extensive relationship management, customer network, and consultative sales.
• Excellent communication, presentation skills, and computer literacy.
• Solution oriented through the application of advanced problem solving skills.
• Ability to achieve results through others without formalized line authority.
• Skilled in engaging senior leadership support when appropriate.
• Apply marketplace knowledge to create new customer opportunities and enhance brand objectives.
• Strategically works to improve organizational efficiency and ensure maximum utilization of resources.
• Demonstrated clinical and product knowledge in broad range of therapeutic areas.
NOTE: Select “Job Fair: NSN2019” in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section
For a list of additional sales opportunities, visit our Careers Page at http://jobs.sanofi.us/SalesCareers
Geographic requirement: Must reside in territory or in very close proximity to key customer(s).
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life