Sanofi Group Head, Financial Analysis and Compliance in Bridgewater, New Jersey
The Head of Financial Analysis and Compliance will be based within our Bridgewater, New Jersey campus, and will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing broad level, entity financial data (P&L and Balance Sheet) for all legal entities in the North American reporting perimeter. In addition, he/she will coordinate and conduct the North America Accounts Committee meeting which will include finance leadership throughout North America as well as the Global consolidations team. Other key functions under his/her responsibility is the coordination of the external audit performed by PwC and management of the Sales & Use Tax reporting with in conjunction with the North America Tax team. This position will report to the Head, NA Account to Report and will have 4 direct reports.
Specifically this role has overall responsibility for:
• Providing leadership and direction setting to a team of 4 professionals responsible for high level financial analysis on key business items, ensuring company-wide compliance with corporate and local accounting policies (including SOX).
• Reviewing and analyzing broad level legal entity financial data (P&L and Balance Sheet) for entities within the North America reporting structure on a quarterly basis which is prepared by the team. This data is presented quarterly to senior finance management (CFO level) and external auditors.
• Performs a detailed review of key financial information, accounts and reserves to determine accuracy and appropriate accounting treatment.
• Manage relationship with both internal and external auditors. Coordinate, address and ensure resolution of accounting, reporting, and internal control issues that arise. Ensure that a strong and adequate control environment exists in North America.
• Collaborate with various internal departments North America Tax, Corporate Tax and Consolidations Team on Legal Entity Restructuring transactions that impact Investment in Affiliate and Shareholder Equity Accounts.
• Oversight of 10 US Holding companies which are reported to Group Consolidations on a monthly basis. The activity in these entities primarily include, accounting for 3rd party investments
Oversight of the sales and use tax process, which involves research taxability issues and communicating with both vendors and procurement and various sales tax matters.
Oversight of the filing of sale and use tax returns which will be handled by Sales & Use Specialist on the team.
Coordination and reporting of audit fees for North America
Review of commitment disclosures for Form 20-F compiled and tested by direct reports
Other duties and special projects as requested (SHIFT, eClose)
May be required to review legal entity reporting packages for quarter closings on an as needed basis
Job Responsibilities within Scope:
North America Accounts committee meeting
Manage/develop a team of 4
Coordinating and supporting North America audits (to include Puerto Rico)
Support end to end process from drafting of AIF, SPE, and Legal Restructuring Form to recording in the books/records as well as disclosure impacts.
Quarterly financial flux analysis
Investment and Holding company accounting
Sales & Use Tax Compliance & Reporting
Journal entry and quality assurance testing procedures
Audit fee budget coordination and submission of HON schedules
Additional information for North America commitments reporting for form 20-F
North America Restructuring and Legal provision coordination
Manage local Trintech tools (Account reconciliation)
Quarterly Sales cut-off testing
Monthly CPE coordination
A minimum of a BA/BS degree in accounting is required. Full completion of the CPA, or in-process is required. A minimum of 10 years of professional experience is required. Candidate will have current or prior management/supervisory experience. Current or prior experience in Public Accounting in preferred. Understanding of Accounting for Investments (under IFRS9) is preferred. Sarbanes-Oxley audit experience and knowledge of IFRS a plus. Positionn may require occasional travel, as required by business needs.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong business and finance acumen.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with diverse constituents: internal staff, senior management, external public accounting, and other professionals.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proven management skills, with the ability to earn immediate respect based on intellectual capacity, professional credentials and interpersonal skills.
• Comfortable working in both a structured and non-structured environment.
• Understanding of internal control concepts.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-GZ; #GD-GZ
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life